Saturday, October 9, 2010

Primary Music Idea - Singing Apples




I love Fall and love eating apples.  I thought this might be a fun way to bring both into Primary Music Time this month.  I've looked at the songs that we have focused on this past year and came up with statements for each apple that have to do with them.  Each apple has a paper wrapped around it that states - I'm a song that...  with additional information for the children to read.  After reading the thought the Primary children will have to see if they can figure out what song we sang this past year that matches the statement.  If you look at the paper above the songs are in order as to how we learned the songs for each month this past year starting with I Know That My Savior Loves Me ending with Come, Follow Me.  The apples are ready to go in an apple basket that I purchased at Michael's Craft Store for under $6.  I've put a few additional apples into the basket that do not have thoughts on them.  I plan to use these apples for YOU PICK THE SONG.  Who knew you could have so much fun with SINGING APPLES?

If you would like the word strips that were used to go around the apples...please comment here or email me directly at jennifer.hawkins@hotmail.com.  Be sure to leave your email address!

I think it's time for some apple pie or yummy apple crisp!

No comments: