Saturday, February 12, 2011
Primary Music Idea - Jesus Loves Me
This week for Primary, I wanted to be able to talk about the love they have have shown us through the different songs that I have chosen for us to sing. I've chosen the following songs and will mention next to them what I plan to talk about with the Primary Children once that song is chosen.
1. If I Listen with My Heart - Talk about the Scriptures, Prophets, and the Holy Ghost
2. I Will Follow God's Plan - Talk about the love that our Father in Heaven has for us and the Plan of Salvation
3. If You're Happy - When we are Happy our Heavenly Father is Happy
4. Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam - Heavenly Father & Jesus created a beautiful earth for us to live on
5. Jesus Said Love Everyone - We are to follow His example and love everyone
6. Love One Another - Loving others is a commandment
7. I'm Trying to Be like Jesus - Try every day to show your love back to your Heavenly Father & Jesus
8. I Am a Child of God - Heavenly Father loves us so much and He wants us to be able to return to live with Him again someday
I have placed these songs in little Valentine Pillow Boxes that I created by using the template above. I cut mine out of scrapbook paper and attached some ribbon around each. When a Primary Child gets a turn to choose a song place a badge on them that says "Jesus Loves Me" and ask them to mention a way that they know that Jesus LOVES them. Then, sing the song and talk about how that song shows that our Heavenly Father loves us.
Happy Heart Day!
If you would like a copy of the attached that goes along with the music idea Jesus Loves Me...please comment here or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Be sure to leave me your email address.