Sunday, July 18, 2010

Young Women's Camp 2010 - Stake Devotional "The Pathway to a Celestial Life"

As a Stake...we really wanted to highlight the WHITE TEMPLE SLIPPER this year as part of our Stake Devotional on Tuesday evening.  We lead into our devotional by having a couple of our YCL'S dress up in hiking gear.  Prior to us beginning that evening they shared a few words about what they had learned the night before at our YCL Stake Devotional.  We then broke the Ward's into 3 groups that rotated around the 3 stations we had set up for 15 minutes each.  Each member of our Stake Young Women's Presidency took a few minutes to share messages based on the following:

WRITING IN YOUR JOURNAL
DAILY PRAYER
DAILY SCRIPTURE STUDY
THE IMPORTANCE OF FAMILY HOME EVENING
CHOOSING THE RIGHT
PAYING TITHING
GOING TO CHURCH ON SUNDAY
BEING A GOOD FRIEND AND MISSIONARY
ETC.....ALL MESSAGES BASED ON A PATHWAY LEADING TO A CELESTIAL LIFE!

After their messages...I ended our devotional by the campfire where I shared some personal stories about the WHITE TEMPLE SLIPPERS.  I shared a story about when my daughter was born, a story about how VIRTUOUS the Young Women need to be today, and an experience I had had at the temple prior to camp when a dear friend of mine was sealed to her husband.  Something that hit me that day was that you must follow each one of the Young Women Values in order to get to the Temple.  The Temple has gold all throughout it and VIRTUE represents the color GOLD and is the last of the YW Values that we currently have.  You have to live a VIRTUOUS life in order to enter the House of the Lord and by doing so you are following all of the Young Women Values.  Pretty neat...at least I think so! 

Following my remarks I gave each Young Woman a picture of the Orlando Temple that had a special quote from President Monson that reads AS WE TOUCH THE TEMPLE THE TEMPLE TOUCHES US!  I placed this quote on Velum Paper and tied it to the picture up top.


It is my hope that each one of the Young Women that we are teaching will have the chance to enter the Holy Temple someday.

If you would like a copy of the quote by President Monson for your own handout....please comment here or email me directly at jennifer.hawkins@hotmail.com.  Don't forget to leave me your email address.

No comments: