Thursday, March 25, 2010
Primary Music Idea - Easter Sharing Time & Music Time
In planning for Easter Sunday, I wanted to make sure that the Primary Children learned about the stories behind this special holiday. A long time ago...a friend of mine shared this idea and I have added a little to it for this holiday season.
You will need to collect the following items in order for this to work:
1. Sacrament Cup
2. Three Dimes
3. Knotted Twine
4. Chunk of Hand Soap
5. Square of Red Velvet
6. 2 Toothpicks or 2 Nails
7. Feather or Rooster Sticker
8. Tiny amount of Crushed Rock
9. Strip of White Cloth
10. A Stone
11. Bay Leaf or Other Herb
12. Empty Plastic Easter Egg
13. 12 Large Plastic Easter Eggs
15. Gospel Art Book
Once you have collected all of these items you will want to print the messages that go along with them. Place each item with the matching message into a large plastic Easter egg. Be sure to number each one so you can go in order. Place the completed eggs in a basket to make it more fun for the Primary Children. Then...you will be ready to share your message.
Here's what I plan to do:
1. Start by singing He Sent His Song found on page 34 in the Children's Songbook.
2. Show the pictures in the Gospel Art Book found on pages 55 & 56
3. Allow Primary Children to pull Egg Number 1, 2, 3. Read and discuss the messages shared. These will include the Sacrament Cup, Three Dimes, and Knotted Twine.
4. Sing He Died That We Might Live Again found on page 65 in the Children's Songbook.
5. Show the picture in the Gospel Art Book found on page 57.
6. Allow Primary Children to pull Egg Number 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. Read and discuss the messages shared. These will include the Chunk of Hand Soap, Red Velvet, Toothpicks, Feather, and Crushed Rock.
7. Sing When He Comes Again found on page 82 in the Children's Songbook.
8. Show the picture in the Gospel Art Book found on page 58.
9. Allow Primary Children to pull Egg Number 9, 10, 11, 12. Read and discuss the messages shared. These will include the Strip of White Cloth, A Stone, Bay Leaf, and Empty mini plastic Egg.
10. Sing Jesus Has Risen found on page 70 in the Children's Songbook.
11. Finish by sharing your Testimony.
Here are a few other songs you may choose to share:
Easter Hosanna - page 68 CS
Hosanna - page 66 CS
May you all have a Happy Easter!
If you would like a copy of the files that go with this post...please comment here or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your email address so I can get them to you quickly.