Sunday, August 30, 2009

Camp Testimony Meeting - The Gold Chair


Prior to camp our family had been going through some old family treasures. We came across a chair that had been in the family for several years. It was beaten up a little, but it turned out to become a very special part of this past year's camp. I asked my parents if it would be okay for me to paint this chair GOLD and to recover the seat cushion. They said yes. I brought the chair to camp and had it sitting up front from the beginning of the week until the end. I can't begin to tell you how many questions I received about this chair. I simply replied...you'll see. I asked our Stake President if he would address the Young Women prior to testimony meeting about the Plan of Salvation and to wrap up a week that was filled with activities based on our theme It's My Turn on Earth. He did a wonderful job. I had also asked him to talk to the YW about NO EMPTY CHAIRS in Heaven. This chair turned into a chair that would be used for the Young Woman waiting in line to have their turn to share their testimony with the rest of us. To me it turned into something so much more. This chair represented my family and in our family there can be no empty chairs.

No comments: