Thursday, July 15, 2010

Beehive Messages - What a WEEKEND!

Hi Friends of Beehive Messages!

I wanted to share with you what I have been up to since Young Women's Camp.  As soon as we returned home...I had a dear friend of mine arrive from out of town.  We had a wonderful time visiting.  She stayed with our family until this past Friday when we took her to the airport and left ourselves for Wisconsin.  My husband and son Braden went with me up to Wisconsin for a quick weekend get away.  Our older two children are out of town visiting the West Coast.  We had such a fun time together so I thought I would share with you a few highlights from our trip up North.

Highlight Number One...we surprised some dear friends by showing up at their son's Wedding Reception on Friday.  The cool thing was that I got to also see one of my favorite cousins who married one of their daughters a few years ago.  It was fabulous meeting up with old friends and family!

Highlight Number Two...we toured Milwaukee.  Loved the weather!

Highlight Number Three...we went to the Bristol Renaissance Faire with some friends.  Braden rode several of the rides and got to ride a horse and an ELEPHANT.  Yes!  A real ELEPHANT.

BRADEN IS UP FRONT!

Highlight Number Four...we traveled up to Osseo, Wisconsin, to see my husband's family.  We have a new addition to the Hawkins Family.  We got to meet Abby who was born three weeks early on July 4th just a week prior to our visit.  She weighed in at just around 5 pounds.  Let's just say Aunt Jennifer wanted to bring her home she was so precious!


Highlight Number Five...we stayed at a hotel where my Father-In-Law had built the fireplace several years ago.  We took a few pictures of Braden standing next to it for story telling in years to come!


Highlight Number Six...Braden got to ride the tracker with Dad and Grandpa Hawkins.  My husband's family has grown hay this year which was a neat thing to see all bundled up.  Braden and my husband had some good father son bonding moments sitting on the hay.


Highlight Number Seven....on our way back to the Milwaukee area we decided to stop over to the Wisconsin Dells.  This is a really neat tourist town.  I would highly recommend it to anyone that might still be looking for a fun summer get away.  We took a ride on the Wisconsin DUCKS!  Too much fun!!!


Highlight Number Eight...while my husband went to work on Tuesday....Braden and I snuck off to go shopping.  Always DANGEROUS!!!

We are finally back home, but miss the nice Wisconsin weather.  It's hot down here in Florida!  I didn't realize how hot it was until we came back home.

Thanks to all of you that have been patient with me this past weekend in getting back in touch with you.  If you have still not heard from me via email...please contact me again.  I don't want to leave anyone hanging!

I don't foresee another adventure any time soon which means WATCH OUT!!!  Here comes more BLOG STUFF!!!

Love Ya All!
Jennifer

No comments: