Friday, June 4, 2010

Young Women Personal Progress Award - Music Theme

My sister Stacy's ward has been super busy with their Personal Progress.  Yet another Young Woman has just earned her Personal Progress Award.  Stacy has a really neat way to recognize the Young Women for this outstanding achievement.  They pick a theme that fits the personality of that particular Young Woman and build a special night around it in recognizing her for all of her hard work.  This Young Woman is a musician and was recognized in this way..........

Message Shared by Stacy - -

Here are some pictures from another Young Womanhood Recognition Night. For this young woman I chose the theme "Music" since she loves to sing. Once again we had presenters for each of the values. Our presidency does this for each young woman so they will have little reminders for each of the young woman values. I had the value Individual Worth. I gave her a record that I bought from Good Will. I talked about how the record was a little bit scratched and reminded her that Heavenly Father loves us even if we feel like a scratched record. I also had ward members write her uplifting notes and I told her that she can read them anytime she is feeling like she isn't important. I slid them in the record case with the record. All the other speakers gave her a small gift that went along with the value and the music theme. It was a very fun night.

Enjoy!

No comments: