Saturday, April 17, 2010

Young Women's Camp 2010 - Pre-Camp Flip Flop Camp Supply List

Let's pack up and head to camp!

I wanted to have a creative way to share with the Young Women the list of supplies that they should plan to bring to this year's camp.  I decided to create some cardboard flip flops to tie in with our BAREFOOT PICNIC Pre-Camp.  Each ward is representing a different type of shoe this year at camp so I thought this would fit in perfectly.  I took my daughter; Chamberlynn's flip flop and traced it onto a 13x19 Wilton Cake Board making about 5 pairs of shoes per sheet.  The Wilton Cake Board works much better than regular cardboard because it's thinner and easier to cut with scissors.  I purchased a pair of scissors that are made to cut cardboard because regular scissors didn't seem to cut as well.  Once the flip flops were cut out, I found 12x12 scrapbook paper that matched the Value Colors and cut them into 1 1/2 inch strips.  I attached the colored strips to the flip flop with tape on the back and glued the camp supply list on top to cover the taped strip.  To add a little pizzazz to them I found some princess brads that I pocked through a matching silk flower.  I had so much fun making these and hope that they will be a hit and remember everything they are to bring with them.

On a side note...here are a few other ideas I've had for these:
1.  Could make for a fun kids pool party invitation.
2.  Could be used in Primary in the summer time for Music Time.  Place the name of a song on the back and have a child come up and pick a shoe with a song that they could sing.
3.  Could tie in with a Come Follow Me or Faith in Every Footstep theme.

If you have any questions feel free to comment here to email me at jennifer.hawkins@hotmail.com.

No comments: