Friday, October 16, 2009

Musical Scripture Box




This is an activity that I will most likely incorporate again this upcoming year in Primary with our singing time. I put this together in 2008 and it was a ton of fun. Each child received a little TAKE OUT BOX with a sticker on it that said My Musical Scripture Box. Every week the children would bring these to church and I would place a challenge inside of it for them to work on throughout the week. One of the things I wanted them to learn were the scriptures that tied in with the MONTHLY SONGS that we sing from the Primary Program. For those that memorized those scriptures...they received a certificate. As the year progressed...the children lead music at Family Home Evening, learned how to conduct the music, and much more. I'm attaching an example.

No comments: