Saturday, January 8, 2011

Primary Book of Mormon Necklace



Many of you may be looking for a way for the Primary Children to keep track of the chapters they are reading in their scriptures.  I came up with the idea of having a Primary Scripture Necklace.  For each chapter that they read the children can receive a scripture charm to go on their special scripture reading necklace.  The necklace shown here is for the Book of Mormon.  Throughout the year I will probably post the additional Standard Works.  I think the Primary Children will enjoy this...don't you?  It's very simple to create and you can use yarn, string, or ribbon that you already have laying around your house.

Another thought...........

Primary Music Leaders can use these when teaching the Primary Songs based on the names of the books within the Standard Works.  I think I'll use the necklace idea to see how well they remember the song.  For every book of scripture that we remember while singing...the children will receive a charm.  Once we remember all of the lyrics and the names of the books within our necklaces will be full.  I think this will be a great motivator in learning them all.

If you would like to receive the PDF file for the Primary Book of Mormon Necklace...please comment here or email me directly at beehivemessages@gmail.com.  Be sure to leave me your email address.

Thanks Mer for your help in making this idea a fantastic one!

1 comment:

arendje said...

Yes please - send pdf file - arendjewhidden@gmail.com