Saturday, November 27, 2010

Primary Music Idea - Musical Christmas Tag




Tag you're it!  This week I'm sure has been a busy one for all of us.  I'm still trying to get over the fact that we are already at the end of November and December hits us this week.  WHERE DID NOVEMBER GO???  I, personally, needed something quick and simple for Primary Music Time.  I found this cute silver ornament stand at IKEA for under $3 and these adorable Christmas Tags at Target and decided to blend the two of them together for Primary.  I wrote the name of the song on the back of the TAGS and hung them on the ornament stand.  Tomorrow in Primary I plan on having the children play a game of TAG while singing some of the Christmas Songs found in the Children's Songbook along with a few of the songs that we have sung throughout the year.

Here's how the game of TAG will work.......

I'm going to take a GOLD STAR and a BLUE STAR which I will hand to two different children prior to allowing a child to come and pick a TAG from off of the ornament stand.  While the song is being sung the Primary Children will pass the GOLD STAR and the BLUE STAR around the room.  When the two STARS cross paths and run into each other that child will be the child that will get the chance to come up front and pick our next TAG from off of the ornament stand.  Be sure to strategically place the stars close enough that they will run into each other while the next song is being sung.  Otherwise the game will not work.  This is very similar to the game Cat and Mouse for those of you that might have played that game before.  I think that I will also ask the child that gets to come up front the question..........What can you do this upcoming month to serve your neighbors or friends?  I'm sure the Primary Children will have some wonderful answers to share with the rest of us.

Have fun playing Musical Christmas TAG!

Love,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Pitterle Postings said...

Love the idea of the tags. That is super easy to do and fun for the kids too! Thanks for sharing.