Thursday, March 4, 2010
In the March 2010 Better Homes and Gardens Magazine on page 10 I saw an ad that caught my eye. It's an ad for fish crackers with a little saying that says: We bake SMILES. Here's how you can make a few more. It goes on to talk about encouraging optimism in children. I instantly thought about Sister Dalton's message to the Young Women...Read your Scriptures for 5 minutes every day, Pray morning and night, and SMILE!!! I fell in love with the ads idea to create a SMILE FILE so I made one. The ad states that you should make a SMILE FILE with your kids, and keep it on the table with some cards and crayons. Whenever they remember something that made them smile, they can write or draw it on a card. Then, once a week, take turns pulling a SMILE from the box and read it aloud. My mind has been going crazy with all of the things you could do with this.
Here are just a few thoughts:
1. Family Home Evening comes to mind!
2. Primary Activity - could share a SMILE each Sunday!
3. Young Women's Activity - make box at mutual and use it as part of your Opening Exercises!
4. Achievement Day Girls - how much fun would you have making one of these?
5. Young Women's Camp Craft - wouldn't this be fantastic?
6. Primary Music Leader - place songs in the box that make you SMILE!
I think we should use this POST as a place to COMMENT on things that make you and I SMILE. Feel free to share your FAVORITE SMILES from the week!!!
I'm attaching the little cards that I used for my SMILE FILE. If you would like the PDF file...please comment here or email me.
By the way...the little white box came from Michael's. It was only $.99!