Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Primary Music Idea - I Lived in Heaven


Idea for teaching I Lived in Heaven - page 4 Children's Songbook

I don't know about you, but I have found that some of the church songs are harder to teach because they don't have words that you can use with props. I love this primary song and decided to create some Primary Paddles to teach it.

1. I used an oval shape to create the paddle with sections of the verse within.
2. Laminate and Glue the OVALS to large Popsicle sticks.
3. Invite reverent children to help you hold the paddles while teaching the song. I go so far as to have them lift up the paddle when we get to their words. This can be tons of fun!

I did my paddles in different colors to represent each verse. You can have fun once they have learned the song taking one or two paddles away at a time to see that they really do know the words without looking.

No comments: